7 Questions Every Parent Should Ask an Eating Disorder Therapist
Every parent should ask their therapist these question before they give them access to their child:
- 1. What do you think causes this illness?
- 2. Did you suffer from anorexia and if so, do you still have anorexic thoughts?
- 3. What "issues" do you deal with in therapy? Have you found that there are common issues that you deal with in your ED patients?
- 4. What role do you believe the parent plays in recovery? How would you define recovery?
- 5. Have you heard of Maudsley? What is your experience with it?
- 6. Have you looked at Walter Kaye's research on Anorexia and if so, what do you think of it?
- 7. What books do you recommend to parents? to sufferers?