054 Fighting Anorexia – 10 Steps To Take Towards Forgiveness
In this episode of Fighting Anorexia, I share 10 steps you can take in order to forgive yourself and those who have hurt you.
What does forgiving even mean?
Here is the definition:
Stop feeling angry or resentful toward (someone) for an offense, flaw, or mistake.
Learning this skill is crucial in recovery. We all hold grudges. We all have baggage. We have all been hurt. We all have setbacks. However, unless we learn to let go of these unhealthy feelings, we’ll never be able to recovery completely and the past will haunt us endlessly.
How to Forgive Yourself
- Remind Yourself that You Suffer from a Disorder
- Stop holding yourself to impossible standards
- Stop letting others expectations hurt you
- Accept your emotions
- Forgiveness does not mean condoning wrongdoings
How to Forgive Others
6. Time heals
7. Distance is crucial
8. Work on Your Thoughts
9. Fill the Empty Space Within
10. Holding on only hurts you
Forgiveness is a journey, not a destination!
054 Fighting Anorexia – 10 Steps To Take Towards Forgiveness is a post from: Fighting Anorexia