FAT is Not A Four-Letter Word! Part II
If the modern average woman could somehow track down a time machine and transport herself to Florence in the 1400's she might feel a tad bit more comfortable with her body. She might actually not skip the butter at the breakfast table, the cream in her coffee, or order her salad dressing on the side. Skinny Jeans would have been outlawed and deemed illegal, because having a curvaceous figure was what was in - what was beautiful - what was, should we say [clears throat]...realistic?
PUTTING THE PHAT IN THE FAT
If the modern average woman could somehow track down a time machine and transport herself to Florence in the 1400’s she might feel a tad bit more comfortable with her body. She might actually not skip the butter at the breakfast table, the cream in her coffee, or order her salad dressing on the side. Skinny Jeans would have been outlawed and deemed illegal, because having a curvaceous figure was what was in – what was beautiful – what was, should we say [clears throat]…realistic?
Realistic? But wait – aren’t women supposed to completely cut fat out of their diets, causing them to lose important minerals and nutrients making it more difficult for them to become the “Reproductive Creatures” this universe intended them to be? Are they not supposed to challenge the laws of biology and instead become friends with what is walking down your modern ”Runway” or ”Red Carpet”? Aren’t they supposed to nibble on carrots, sip mineral water, and feel nothing less then eating their own hands at times just to feel satiated? I suppose I thought that once, I suppose I gave in for quite sometime to all that thinking, and here is exactly what “cutting” that important nutrient “Fat” out of my diet got me:
- My hair fell out in clumps
- My skin peeled off of my body like a snake
- My organs shrunk
- I fractured my hip
- I was constantly cold even in extremely hot weather
- I thought about food 25 hours a day, and I say 25 because when you are starving your body thinks about food one extra hour a day just so you don’t forget it.
- I didn’t sleep, and would spend all night fantasizing about “mountains of margarine”, and “lakes of lard”
- I wanted to at times eat small children because they looked like “Cornish Game Hens”
- I began to read cookbooks like they were novels
- I got excited when it was time for commercial breaks, because it meant I could see advertisements for McDonalds or Taco Bell.
- I looked like the “crypt keeper” with a “severe crystal meth problem”
- I lost my period for 17 years, but still acted like I had PMS…all the time.
- It was “no Secret” that I lost “Victoria”…and my boobs! Began using a box of band-aids for a bra.
- I was really hard to match fabulous shoes with the feeding tube I was wearing.
- I could go on, but long story short, cutting out Fat made me really really Stupid, and I almost lost my life because of it.
- I had to learn the hard way, and it’s like I always say, sometimes I am thankful for that because it has enabled me to pass my wisdom and knowledge on to others to prevent them from completely “effing up their bodies” and “their lives”
Fat doesn’t have to be a four letter word… as a matter of fact FAT rocks and you need to start understanding why? Eating well is one of the best ways you can take care of yourself and those who depend on you. What you eat makes a big difference in the way you look and feel. A healthy diet that is balanced and full of variety, gives you the energy to get through your busy day, supports your mood, helps you maintain your weight, and keeps you looking “Fabulous.”
What you eat can also be a huge support as you go through different stages in your life. Fat is something that everybody needs, especially women as it can help reduce PMS, boost fertility, combat stress, make pregnancy easier, and ease the symptoms of menopause. Whatever your age, it’s just not worth it to sacrifice your health for something as a simple three letter word.
Here’s a shocker People – Eating Fat does not make you Fat. As a matter of fact not eating fat will make you fatter because your body begins to “cannibalize” itself chomping away at your muscles, and vital organs.”
Believe me your body will thank you, your hair,skin, and nails will thank you, and your ”Soul” will thank you because you are letting it have the freedom to enjoy yourself and not feel deprived.
So sprinkle some almonds on your salad, eat some blackened salmon, get up in that guacamole, and let yourself have a piece of chocolate cake on your birthday! It’s time to “Stop Cutting the Fat,and time to start Cutting the Crap, because ”FAT IS FABULOUS!”