Skip to Content

Overeating Treatment

In This Article:

Typically, the first health care professional to diagnose Compulsive Overeating is a family doctor, pediatrician or internist. After an initial assessment, the person may be referred to either a specialist in eating disorders or an eating-disorder center, which usually provides such specialists as:

  • Psychiatrists
  • Psychologists
  • Clinical social workers
  • Nurses
  • Dietitians does not make recommendations for Compulsive Overeating treatment nor dispense medical advice; only a physician is qualified to determine the proper treatment for any patient. We present the following information for general education purposes only.



Eating Disorder Support Groups

The Eating Disorder Support Groups at is for individuals, friends and families who are looking to connect during life's challenging times. Share personal experiences, evaluate information and get support during times of need, illness, treatment or recovery.

Click here to start getting support at