There are many great resources on the web that can help you with the information you need. Click on one of the categories below to get a list of related websites
- Break Free Beauty is the site of body-image expert and author of "Love Your Body, Love Your Life" Sarah Maria, who helps people discover the beauty that is already inside of them, right now, in this moment.
- CurrentPsychiatry.com provides psychiatrists with peer-reviewed, practical advice by leading authorities, emphasizing up-to-date solutions to common clinical problems.
- Eating Disorder Support Group SupportGroups.com is a growing online support groups community. Our goal is to bring people together around life's challenges by providing concise, up-to-date information and a meeting place for individuals, their friends and families, and professionals who offer pathways to help.
- Eating Disorder Treatment New Hope Recovery Center provides dual eating disorder and substance abuse treatment programs for residential day treatment and extended care supportive living.
- EdReferral.com Eating disorders including anorexia, bulimia, binge eating. The easiest and most comprehensive search for eating disorder treatment on the Internet.
- Meditation-Sensation.com Specialized Meditation for Eating Disorders
- N.A.M.E.D.The National Association for Males with Eating Disorders (N.A.M.E.D.) – Support, education, resources. Helpline, treatment referrals, online support groups, and more. www.NAMEDinc.org.
- SMILe provides research and experience-based support that focuses on students trying to cope with mental illness.
- Women's Health Helping women to thrive and blossom
- Online Addiction and Recovery Resource MyAddiction.com is the world's fastest-growing addiction community. Our goal is to bring people together around the issues of addictions by providing concise, up-to-date information and a meeting place for addicts, their friends and families, and professionals who offer pathways to recovery.
- News and Views on Substance Abuse AddictionInfo brings together the most current and progressive thinking in the field of drug, alcohol and other behavioral addictions. Current research and clinical trials continue to uncover new and effective, research-based, non-12-step treatment options. The site was created over ten years ago by Dr. Marc Kern, a pioneer and recognized expert in the field of contemporary addiction treatment.
- Nosejob NoseJob.org is a free resource for consumers to find a cosmetic surgeon who meets their needs. We are also an information resource and a meeting place for those who want to learn more about rhinoplasty and cosmetic surgery.
- Addiction Intervention Intervention Referral is a referral organization created to help family members, employers and loved ones find quality help for those suffering from alcoholism, drug addiction and eating disorders.
- Rapid Detox Midwest Rapid Opiate Detoxification Specialists provide safe medical procedures for rapidly detoxifying the body from opiate addiction coupled with a sound continuing treatment program at Thorek Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL.
- Opiate Addiction Treatment Anesthesia assisted rapid opiate detoxification at Kindred Hospital, Mansfield Texas.
- Mental Health Resource PsyWeb.com is one of the world's largest sites dedicated to mental health disorders. Our goal is to bring people together around the issues of addictions by providing concise, up-to-date information and a meeting place for patients, their friends and families, and professionals who offer pathways to recovery.
- Tenmilemorning.com This website provides information, resources and support about various eating disorders, and contains a blog which is updated daily with articles and personal stories of recovery. The author is a male who is recovering from anorexia and who has written a book entitled "Ten-Mile Morning: My Journey Through Anorexia Nervosa." I know this is a bit long, so feel free to shorten it.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Online The online therapy programs are based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Online (CBT Online). Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is one of the most commonly used methods for treating mental disorders and studies show that taking therapy online is just as effective as traditional face-to-face therapy.
- RealPsychSolutions Practical self-help materials for mental health and living well, both free and for-sale, from licensed mental health professionals and certified wellness coaches.