Skip to Content

My 14yr old eats excessive sugar free hard candy and I think she is eating plain paper…this is in addition to hardly eating food….


Hello! It sounds as though

Hello! It sounds as though your daughter (?) is suffering from some possibly serious eating issues. Regardless of her weight, she could have an eating disorder, which should be treated as soon as possible. I suggest that you take her to her doctor, and request a referral to an ED specialist. If your doctor is not informed, or doesn't seem to take things seriously, I would take it upon myself to get her the help she needs. This could be a very dangerous and damaging disorder, not to even mention the distress she is likely going through. If you need help finding a specialist, feel free to contact me here and I will be happy to help. Take care!